Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all my readers. If you were out celebrating last night I hope you had a great time. We did. Pa (my pet name for my husband) went to bed early. I curled up with a book and read until 2 a.m. Midnight came and went with only a few local shotgun blasts by the neighbors to mark its passing.

I took notice of the sound, checked the clock (they were a few minutes late getting those shotguns out) and continued my reading.

I'm way past standing out in the cold to celebrate New Years. Being in the mountains, there is no ball to see drop, and the shows leading up to the moment of midnight in New York bore me.

I did watch a big ball sail overhead last night though. The moon was full and bright enough to shine through the layer of fog that engulfed Shady Hollow. I stepped out on my deck and braved the North wind to blow her a kiss. I said a prayer for my husband, myself and our families. I prayed for all my friends and those brave souls who are scattered around the globe fighting for our freedom. I prayed for our country and our leaders.

My prayers sailed on their way, borne on the wind as it whipped around the cottage. The misty halo around Bella Luna grew brighter. I came inside with the feeling that my prayers were registered and would be noted by the Goddess and God.

This first day of the new year has been uneventful at the Hollow. We have watched television, surfed the web, and done household chores. Nothing exciting. Nothing to cause worry or strife. I hope that's a good omen.

I and all the entities at Shady Hollow would like to thank all of you for reading about our adventures. I hope you enjoy reading the tales half as much as I enjoy writing them.

Happy New Year, and Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment