Sunday, January 17, 2010

Visit with an Old Friend

It had been over twenty years since I had seen Andrea. We reunited last spring on Facebook, a reunion that also included her sister and father. Yesterday, we finally had a chance to sit down face-to-face.

The teenager I remembered has turned into a polished, articulate woman who knows who she is and has a mind of her own. I'm proud of her.

We talked for hours. I'm glad our husbands were able to find things to talk about with each other. If they hadn't I'm sure they would have been bored to tears.

It was a wonderful visit. Thank you, Andrea and Doug, for taking time to stop and visit with us. The time was precious, a memory we will cherish. We look forward to another visit someday, when time is no obstacle.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN, we were indeed blessed to have shared a brief moment in time with both of you. Thank you for taking the time to spend with Doug and I. He loved being able to meet you both.
    Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete