Friday, January 8, 2010

Freezing Friday

The threatened snow passed us by, but the cold air behind it arrived on schedule. Yesterday was almost balmy, with temperatures in the high 30's. This morning it is 10° and windy.

The seed catalogs are here though, and when I have a chance this weekend I may start deciding what I want to plant and where. It will make the cold much easier to take. While the landscape is barren and gray is a great time to look out and imagine the spring and summer blooms.

Maybe, just maybe, the long period of intense cold will kill off some of the slug population. Probably not. . .but I can always hope.

2 comments:

  1. We awoke to a blanket of snow...just enough to enjoy..not too much.
    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so over the cold!! How fun to be looking at seed catalogs and thinking of spring:-)

    ReplyDelete