Monday, January 11, 2010

Passing Time Away

I had the weekend off. I could have tackled some projects at the cottage that are begging to be done. I could have, but I didn't.

The cold weather had attacked my husband and me to the depth of our being. Stiff and sore, we decided to stay inside and do nothing. He watched movies and I read. I'm reading the Mists of Avalon series of books again. When things get turbulent in my world, I feel a tug in my soul to go back to world of Avalon. I need to visit again with King Arthur, Morgaine, and the Merlin of Britain. I feel at home there on Avalon, under the apple trees or on the Tor among the standing stones.

It was a restful weekend. I needed one.

It is the wee hours of Monday morning now. After I grab a few hours of sleep it will be time to return to this time and place and the modern day trials and tribulations we all face. I'm well rested. I'll sleep tonight with dreams of the Isle of Apples, Stonehenge, and the blue robed priestesses of Avalon. It can't get much better than that.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a blessed day, today.
    Andee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each day is blessed, Andrea. It's what you make of the blessings that counts. Sometimes they are well hidden from view until later... Thank you, and have a blessed day as well. There are times I think you are the only person who reads this blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete