Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cold!!!!

It is cold. I mean really COLD!!! At 10 a.m. the temperature has managed to creep up to 13 °. It was 12 ° an hour ago. Only 1 ° per hour, nope, it is NOT going to get warm today. I find myself wondering about this global warming stuff. I'd love to have a word with Al Gore this morning and say "OK big boy, explain this!"

The pine needles are drooping with the intense cold. The ground crunches when walked upon. The wind cuts bare skin like so many tiny razors. The birds are in a feeding frenzy and are becoming aggressive with each other at the feeders. The dog does not want to go out and has been seen eyeing the catbox with a thoughtful look in his eyes. He is probably wondering if it would be ok to use it if the cats aren't looking.

We still have snow on the ground from the December 18th snow storm. It is waiting on more. Oh no! My Daddy always said snow that stayed around for 3 days was "waiting on more". Well, this has been here far longer than that. It must be waiting on a lot more. I hope not.

We are snug and warm in the cottage. We have back-up heat ready to go in the event we lose power. The plan is to stay inside as much as possible and just enjoy a lazy day. Maybe I can get some reading done on the novel I'm reading today.

Be Blessed!

2 comments:

  1. It is bitter cold here, too. We have a fire in the fire place, but I am still pretty chilly....Chilled to the bone as my Papa use to say....now, I know what he meant!
    Blessings, love, and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. East Coast Faces Deep Freeze; Florida Oranges Threatened...
    CHILL MAP...
    Iowa temps 'a solid 30 degrees below normal'...
    Peru's mountain people 'face extinction because of cold conditions'...
    Beijing -- coldest in 40 years...
    World copes with Arctic weather...

    The top headlines on the Drudge Report this morning. I'm wondering about this global warming business myself. Of course, I was before all this cold weather and snow came about, but now I can't help but wonder how people will continue to go around talking about it.

    ReplyDelete