Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Plant Brutality – Success!

I had lots of yard work to do over the weekend. While there is more awaiting my not-so-gentle touch; I did get a lot accomplished. Yes, there was plant brutality involved.

Just ask those pesky poison ivy, Virginia creeper, and Asian Wintergreen that were attempting to climb one of our ancient oaks. Their remains are now turning to dead vegetation at the far end of the meadow. Accompanying them are the remains of two burning bushes that found themselves being sawn off about 12 inches above ground. Don’t worry, I didn’t kill those hearty souls. I just took them down a notch or two.

If you noticed the changed header picture, it reflects the happiness of the hydrangea's  at the burning bushes demise. Now they have room to grown and spread.

It was also taken from the top of the garden, looking toward the fairies’ domain. I like it better and hope you do as well.

I had several adventures during my “yard work” day. I’ll write about them later. They deserve posts of their own.

Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment