Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Anniversary

Today marks the first anniversary of this blog! I entered the blogging world with no idea what I would write or how it might turn out. I decided to write about my home, garden, pets and life in general. It has been a blast. Some posts are better than others, some I almost go back and delete. Some make no sense to anyone but me, but that's OK.

Sometimes the urge to blog is almost a compulsion. I guess that happens when you have stuff to say and nobody to listen....you 'talk to yourself' on the pages of your blog and hope someone else will read and understand. Take tonight, for instance. I've been up a long, long time. But, I wanted to get an anniversary post up bright and early on Shady Hollows anniversary day.

To my follower's and occasional visitors, thank you so much for taking time to read my ramblings. I hope you at least get a chuckle ever so often. I'm looking forward to my second year of blogging and what it may bring. The frustrated writer has finally found a home.

Blessed Be.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell why some things hold for me
    A sense of unplumbed marvels to befall,
    Or of a rift in the horizon's wall
    Opening to worlds where only gods can be.
    There is a breathless, vague expectancy,
    As of vast ancient pomps I half recall,
    Or wild adventures, uncorporeal,
    Ecstasy-fraught, and as a day-dream free.

    It is in sunsets and strange city spires,
    Old villages and woods and misty downs,
    South winds, the sea, low hills, and lighted towns,
    Old gardens, half-heard songs, and the moon's fires.
    But though its lure alone makes life worth living,
    None gains or guesses what it hints at giving.

    ReplyDelete