Monday, February 15, 2010

Longing For Spring

I don't mean to complain to the Mother, but enough with the snow already! I'm longing for spring right now, warm breezes and new growth. I want to see a hint of green in the landscape instead of gray, brown, and white. I miss my flowers. I miss trudging up and down the hillside tending the plants. I miss shoveling dirt and compost. Shoveling snow does not have the same meaning to me. Shoveling snow is work, shoveling in my garden is a labor of love, its fun.

I want to sip my coffee and write my blog posts from the front porch or the deck. Not inside looking out as a cold wind blows snow around.

As each new morning breaks the sun rises a bit earlier and the days are getting longer. Soon winter will loosen its grip on the land. I know that. I just want it to hurry up!

1 comment:

  1. It will be here in due time....
    Blessings and hugs,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete