Monday, October 19, 2009

Frosty Monday

It's a frosty morning at Shady Hollow. A few plants were nipped yesterday, but with the temperature hovering at 30 degrees I expect more to succumb this morning.

The garden spot is bare; a light covering of poplar leaves lies where the zucchini, green beans and tomatoes flourished only a short time ago.

Yesterday I spent time uploading and sorting through pictures taken this summer and summers past. Earlier this year I bought Photoshop Elements 7 to use in working with my photos. Gardening and sick cats took up so much of my time that I have done little toward learning the program. After creating the little movie I posted yesterday, I found more photos still on the cameras that didn't get included. My mistake, but my little movie is a good reminder of how things looked this summer.

As soon as we have a cold enough night to kill back to foliage, I'll be taking up the cannas and putting them in winter storage. Eventually I'll get the leaves mowed and put in the compost pile. Then we'll batten down the hatches and wait out winter while dreaming of spring.

1 comment: