Monday, March 8, 2010

Warmer Weather

Finally! It is supposed to get warmer. I just checked the Weather Channel and the forecast for this week is wet…but wet due to rain. Highs are predicted to be in the 50's and the lows in the 40's. Maybe, just maybe the wet stuff will be rain this time. Maybe the snow-every-week cycle will be broken.

I discovered three crocuses in bloom yesterday. The flowering quince has buds showing red, within days of opening. Two sure-fired signs of spring for me. My husband reported sighting a small group of Canadian Geese doing a fly-by of the pond. Oh, and the daffodils are up and budding.

Most of us "old timers" think we will have at least one more snowfall. None of us are predicting how deep or if it will lay. Even so, it looks like spring may be considering making an appearance.

There's plenty to do here when spring does finally arrive. I admit that I did a very poor job of yard and garden clean-up last fall. That only means more work to do this spring, but I get more excited about yard work when things are starting to grow.

It has been a long hard winter. It is time for spring and the renewal it brings. I'm ready, aren't you?

2 comments:

  1. I am beginning to see some things peaking through the ground at my house, too.
    Hugs,
    andee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St Pat's - spring is just around the bend!

    ReplyDelete