Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wishing for a Strong Wind

Almost all the leaves have fallen. I had intended to get out the big leaf blower and do some yard clean-up this weekend. It didn't happen, so now I'm wishing for a strong wind to blow them away for me. The Great Mother takes care of many things for me. I am grateful to Her for that. I don't think she will do the leaves for me. Some things we have to do for ourselves.

I took my husband for an outing to the mall Saturday. An afternoon of the mall tired us both out so the leaves were put off until today. This morning a couple of dear friends stopped by and paid us a visit. We talked about everything under the sun and got all caught up on what we've been up too since we saw each other last. Leaves can wait. Some things are just more important.

As much as I love to be outside and doing garden chores I have some things that are much more important to me. Spending time with my husband is one. Spending time with good friends is another. The gardens will always be here, even after we are long gone from the scene. Loved ones are with us for a limited amount of time. It's best to enjoy every moment with them while you can.

Soon the North Winds will blow and most of the leaves will be moved to the upper hillside without intervention from me. I pray these same North Winds choose to leave the souls of those I love here with me for one more season, at the least.

Be Blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope those north winds visit my yard. We mulched a lot of leaves a week or so ago, but you would NEVER know it.
    Blessings and hugs, andee

    ReplyDelete