Sunday, June 6, 2010

Great weekend!

While Saturday was spent doing major house cleaning, today was a day of leisure spent with our best friends. Life just doesn’t get any better.

As parents and grandparents, we have plenty to talk about. We fill each other in on the escapades of the adult children and grandchildren. Then there are the cute things done by the younger grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Of course we fill each other in on the adventures our pets have had as well. Cats, dogs, and birds provide plenty of stories to tell which usually end in laughter. Pets can do some of the most amazing things.

The highpoint of the day was cooking out on our deck. You get the feeling of being in a tree house when you stand on our deck. Since the land falls away from the cottage and the deck is a full story above the ground we are indeed up among the tree tops when we sit outside.

Since my husband lost his leg, I have become the chef at our cookouts. I am a passable cook inside on a stove, on a grill I’m still a novice. But, I’m getting better at it. I actually cooked baked potatoes, steak and chicken today without turning anything into a burnt offering. 

Nikon 186

It was a great day. One I hope we can repeat many times as the years go by.

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment